[EuroPython 2011] Raymond Hettinger - 20 June 2011 in "Track Spaghetti"
In a world of many programming languages, the popularity of Python continues to grow without bound. We examine what makes it special and how it influences the way we program:
- what gives python its texture and feel
- what features support rapid development
- where does the readability come from
- what features support economy of expression
- look at the mix of lightweight tools and industrial grade tools
- how easy is it to learn python? how hard is it to master
- what can python do that other languages can't
- what is the role of the python community
- why does the license matter
- does python just have zen or is there a python attitude?