Dougal Matthews - MkDocs: Documenting projects with Markdown [EuroPython 2015] [23 July 2015] [Bilbao, Euskadi, Spain]
MkDocs is a Python library for creating documentation with Markdown. The primary goal of the project is to lower the barrier for documentation writers and to help enable high quality prose based documentation.
The primary maintainer of MkDocs will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to MkDocs and the project goals.
- How and why did the project start?
- Who uses MkDocs today?
- Discuss what we need to do to create great documentation and how MkDocs can help.
- A tour of the key features currently in MkDocs
- Adding MkDocs to your project.
- Using themes in the documentation and making customisations
- Publishing your documentation with ReadTheDocs and GitHub pages.
- A look at the up and coming features in MkDocs and how you can help make these happen.
- A comparison with Sphinx and why you should consider MkDocs.