You're part of a team of developers on a small open source project. You don't have the luxury of dedicated technical writers, but you know that clear, comprehensive, and easy to use documentation is important for your users to get the most from your project. How do you achieve that? Never fear - I'm here to help!
In this talk Charelle will cover:
- Why people are reading your documentation
- Some simple points about English you may have forgotten from school
- Ways to make your docs clear, easy to follow and frustration free
- How to test your documentation
- Various markup languages, tools and features
Your documentation is important: It's the authority on how your project works, and high quality docs shows that you care about your users.