Improve this page
- My talk will start out with a brief explanation of what Jupyter is (the project formerly known as IPython Notebook) and how to launch it.
- I will demo how to run a few lines of Python in Jupyter, and how to create text cells with Markdown and LaTeX.
- I will then demo some of the built-in 'cell magic' extensions like running bash commands and displaying plots inline.
- I will then show some additional off-the-shelf extensions like the SQL and Graphviz ones, and show how to export a notebook to web-based slides.
- I will then show how one can build and use a useful new cell magic extension (an interactive HTTP client) in Python, using Jupyter's built-in web-based text editor.