The Pyramid FAQ
Presented by Carlos de la Guardia
The #pylons IRC channel is the most common way of giving support to users of the Pyramid framework. In this talk we take away some of the most often discussed topics in the channel and give detailed answers to them.
Every development project has a few questions and doubts that seem to come up on its support channels every now and then. The Pyramid framework is no exception.
In this talk, we introduce Pyramid related FAQs using the chat logs and proceed to discuss them in detail. Showing the logs allows us to give the talk a lighter side and makes for an introduction to each topic based on real user questions.
Topics covered here include:
- Configuration objects.
- Object traversal versus URL dispatch.
- Context and views.
- Authentication and authorization.
- How much 'Zope stuff' is there in Pyramid and can we take it away?
- Examples of how Pyramid enables the Pylons philosophy of integrating best of breed or preferred components.
- The future of Pyramid and Pylons.