Python is a great tool that's used in the music industry, anything from low level protocol support and device integration to streaming and application automation. My talk will focus on:
- What is it? How does it work?
- CC - Control Change messages and how they are used in modern controllers / devices
- Mido - MIDI Objects for Python
- What is Open Sound Control?
- Live OSC and controlling Live from a mobile device
- Ableton Live and Controllerism
Introduction to Ableton
- Ableton's Live Object Model
- Python remote scripts and Ableton's API
- Demo: -- Creating a new python remote script for a controller -- Changing the state of the controller -- Kicking off an action from the controller to Ableton using the LOM
- What is Darkice
- What is Icecast
- Audio signal programming with Liquidsoap
- Tying it all together with Airtime and Python