Self-driving cars might not be in our everyday lives yet, but they are coming! Analyzing images and figuring out where the lane lines are on a given roadway is one of the core competencies of any respectable self-driving car. Humans do this with ease and this talk will show you how to find these lines using Python and OpenCV.
- Introduction to the OpenCV library (loading images, plotting with matplotlib, etc…)
- Starting with single images, introduce Gaussian blur, region of interest filtering, canny edge detection, Hough transform and draw the lane lines.
- Create a lane line detection pipeline with those functions; extrapolating the lines to represent the boundaries of the lane.
- Process dash cam video using the single image techniques with the pipeline.
- Stitch together images from the processing pipeline to create a sweet video!