Managing the cloud with libcloud
[EuroPython 2011] Tomaž Muraus - 22 June 2011 in "Track Ravioli "
libcloud is an open-source client library for interacting with different cloud providers.
The primary goal of the library is to abstract all the provider differences away and expose common functionality in a nice, clean and concise API.
This talk will address the following topics:
- Why a library like this was built in the first place
- Different problems we have encountered while building it (not all the providers always play nice)
- An introduction to the library API (compute, storage and load-balancer part)
- How to use it to build something useful and fun
- How to participate and contribute
- Roadmap and plans for the future