Cyber-security is a critical part of all distributed applications. By understanding and implementing proper security measures, you guard your own resources against malicious attackers as well as provide a secure environment for all relevant parties.
The purpose of the talk is to show starting points on how to improve security in python applications by destroying a few servers during the presentation. It will provide the most important information and will cover:
- Threat modeling
- Common attack vectors on Python applications.
- Why python is not vulnerable to some kinds of attacks.
- Why is eval so dangerous?
- Improving server deployment and security management.
- Automated security testing.
- Who is a CISO and why is cyber-security awareness in the company so important nowadays.
Basic knowledge of networking, python and REST is advised.