Cloud computing is changing the way that businesses think about their computing requirements. Instead of ordering hardware, waiting for delivery, allocating space in a data center, installing and wiring it up, and then configuring each piece of the system, you can now do the equivalent with a few clicks on a control panel, but that gets tedious. What's much more interesting is to do all of this programmatically, using our favorite language: Python!
This session will deep-dive into this topic by using pyrax, the Python SDK for the OpenStack and Rackspace Clouds. It will cover the following:
- Getting your cloud account and credentials
- Installing pyrax
- Creating servers
- Saving a customized server as a template image
- Creating more servers on demand from your template images.
- Creating, attaching, and imaging Block Storage volumes.
- Using private networks to create a bastion host setup
- Managing these servers with a Load Balancer
- Creating and managing Cloud Databases
- Using pyrax to manage your DNS
- Object storage and management using pyrax