Peter Lovett https://2016.pycon-au.org/schedule/132/view_talk Some of us working in the corporate world are required to use Microsoft Windows. How can we bring the goodness of Python to the Windows platform? What are the problems you could encounter and how can you solve them?
- wail at install directory problems!
- scream at path separators!
- cry at the craziness of special window installers
- revel in the beauty of lovely help
- marvel at the joy of py launcher and a proper #! line
- be terrified at accessing the winapi through the win32 libraries
- be astonished at Python taking control of Excel / Word / Outlook / Acrobat through the COM interface with win32com
- laugh at batch files!