Motivation: With the rise of micro services, API first sites and mobile the draw of a lightweight framework is stronger than ever. Django and its proscriptive batteries included approach can feel too heavy.
- Django is awesome, but maybe I'm missing something with Flask thing. OMG, where do I start, there my so many choices
- Major components of Django: ORM, routing, templating, views, forms, migrations, configuration, ReST, models, tasks, tests, static assets, authentication, sessions etc
- templating, forms, static assets aren’t really needed for api/mobile use cases
- for each remaining component offer the “best” flask library
- build out a small API only app together using the ""best"" flask library