Monitoring your websites can be tricky. Many people set up a Pingdom endpoint on their home page, and call it a day; however this doesn't guarantee that all of the back end systems required for a functioning site are actually working.
This talk will dive into how to use django-watchman to enhance your monitoring coverage. Topics include:
- How to install and configure django-watchman
- What monitoring checks it provides out of the box
- How authentication works
- The three ways to use django-watchman: API, dashboard, and management command
- How to integrate django-watchman with automated tools like Pingdom
- How to write your own custom django-watchman checks