ZODB: A Python Persistence System
Presented by Chris McDonough
ZODB is a transactional persistence system written entirely in Python. This talk will serve as an introduction to using the ZODB in a Python application.
This talk will provide a high-level overview of ZODB useful to a novice or intermediate Python programmer. The talk will cover the following topics:
- What Is ZODB?
- Brief history
- ZODB vs. relational databases
- ZODB vs. NoSQL databases
- ZODB vs. pickle
- Using ZODB
- Creating a Persistent Object
- Storing a Persistent Object
- Retrieving a Persistent Object
- Modifying a Persistent Object
- Saving Changes
- Pluggable storages
- Scaling across multiple clients
- Indexing and Searching
At the end of the talk, an attendee should have a basic understanding of how to create an application which depends on ZODB persistence.