This talk is about helping people new to development & Python to connect the dots between googling ”python web development” and reaching deployment. When entering the world of development there is a huge learning curve. It’s not just about understanding python syntax and writing a function. How does everything fit together? This talk will attempt to introduce the budding developer to the options available and why you may choose one over another.
I will run through the following topics:
- The major python web frameworks that exist. We will examine the pros and cons of the main players.
- Python itself, Apis vs Services, what goes where?
- The merits of testing and running through the different testing libraries that are available.
- Brief intro to Github and pointing to resources to help learn how to commit.
- Highlighting any “gotchas”
- Deployment tools.
- Hosting, where to go?
- How to google for relevant answers.
- Python community for answers. (globally and local)
Hopefully those that attending will have a greater understanding of the whole development system so they will know what to research for each step and where to find answers.