So you've built your first Django website. You've tested it, you've released it, you've got a few customers... and a few more... and a few more... and now you're having performance problems. What do you do? This talk will look at some performance problems you may experience, and show some simple (and creative) ways to squeeze the most out of your server hardware.
The talk is especially aimed at web developers that haven't got a background in computing, but nonetheless have fallen into a web development role. Topics will include:
- How to work out that you have a problem
- Getting computation out of the request/response loop
- Caching -- when, how, and problems that caching introduces
- Setting up a webserver to avoid deadlocks
- Likely causes (and solutions) of database bottlenecks