How designer friendly is Django? This talk reviews the history of Django and how it came to be one of the most designer friendly frameworks around. We will review the Django design methodology and how simple it is for designers to get started creating and publishing their own projects.
From the beginning, Django has been built to be designer friendly. This talk is meant for those who are looking to learn more about how Django empowers designers to create websites intelligently. Here is a brief outline of what will be covered:
- Overview of Django's designer roots
- Personal background as a designer learning Django
- How did Django start out with designers in mind?
- Design methodologies
- How is Django designer friendly?
- Documentation overview
- Code examples
- Template inheritance and why it's awesome
- Overview of the built-in template tags and filters
- What's new in Django 1.4?
- Django needs designers
- How to contribute
- Why designers are an important part of the community