So you've developed an eCommerce site and now you want users to be able to make payments. The aim of this talk will be to introduce and compare some common payment gateway options, such as Payflow, Authorize.net, Stripe, and Braintree, with the focus of integrating them into Django projects.
When developing eCommerce applications in Django, you will often be faced with the choice of which payment API to use. It's not always clear which services are available, which will fit your needs, and how to get started with them. This talk aims to evaluate these payment options from a Django programmer's perspective and provide you with background that may help you choose a payment processor that fits your needs.
Topics will include:
- High-level overview of how payments work.
- Overview of popular payment options: Google Checkout, Authorize.net, Payflow Payments, Braintree, Stripe, etc.
- Compare and contrast these payment gateway APIs
- compare ease of use
- General overview of payment gateway web interfaces
- Example Code snippets for payment processing
- Useful Python/Django payment-related modules