Many Django developers are familiar with building APIs, but what about when you need to build a mobile client consume them? Wouldn’t it be great if you could build a mobile application using the same language as your backend?
Well, you can!
This talk will introduce Kivy, a framework for building multi-touch applications. We’ll cover all the basics, including…
- Why you’d want to build mobile apps in Python, and what other options exist
- How to install Kivy (It’s really easy!)
- Basic examples of what a Kivy app looks like
- The Kv Design language, a YAML-esque abstraction for rapidly building UI’s
- How to access the hardware features of your device
- How to package your app for the Google Play and iOS App stores
We’ll provide everything you need to know to get started building Python- powered phone apps with Kivy.