[EuroPython 2011] Todd Trichler - 23 June 2011 in "Training Pizza Napoli"
Have you ever wanted or perhaps needed to access data stored in a corporate Oracle database from within your Python environment?
This session will help developers get up and running using Python with Oracle:
- Learn the basics of working with cx_Oracle
- Learn how to use VirtualBox to set up a Python & Oracle test and developement environment.
- Discover features within Oracle that you can use to build more performant python based applications.
- Leave with all the resources you need to certify your python app to run against a production Oracle11gR2 database, or hone those skills for the next job.
- Get a quick intro to Oracle Linux along the way.
No prior experience with Oracle is required, some basic understanding of databases would be helpful.
Look forward to meeting you @ EuroPython 2011 - Todd