This talk discusses good ways to organise packaging and testing for Python projects. It walks through a per-company and an open source scenario and explains how to best use the "devpi-server" and "tox" for making sure you are delivering good and well tested and documented packages. As time permits, we also discuss in-development features such as real-time mirroring and search.
The talk discusses the following tools:
- devpi-server for running an in-house or per-laptop python package server
- inheritance between package indexes and from pypi.python.org public packages
- the "devpi" client tool for uploading docs and running tests
- running of tests through tox
- summary view with two work flows: open source releases and in-house per-company developments
- roadmap and in-development features of devpi and tox
(The presenter is the main author of the tools in question).