Michał Bultrowicz - Python microservices on PaaS done right [EuroPython 2015] [23 July 2015] [Bilbao, Euskadi, Spain]
Lately, there's a lot of talk about microservices but not enough concrete examples and case studies. I want to change that by showing:
- how thinking in PaaS terms can lead to robust and scalable designs;
- what infrastructure and automation you need to set up to go along smoothly;
- how to get real time metrics of your apps;
- what makes Python good for microservices;
- what is Python's performance relative to some alternatives.
Prerequisites for the talk:
- some experience with web development in Python;
- basic knowledge of RESTful web services.