Roberto Polli - Scaling MySQL with Python [EuroPython 2015] [20 July 2015] [Bilbao, Euskadi, Spain]
Python is the language of choice for the orchestration part of MySQL 5.6.
After a brief introduction of MySQL replication architecture, the talk [Slides here] presents the python utilities released by MySQL:
- a set of drivers in pure-python
- mysql-utilites for replication, management and failover
- fabric, a tool for scaling, sharding and provisioning new servers
You will see how to:
- create resilient configurations in minutes
- use mysql-fabric to create high available infrastructures
As a plus, we'll show how we:
- implemented a fabric provider for provisioning new databases via docker
Basic database knowledge, transactions, replication.
MySQL specific concepts (eg: binary logs) are briefly introduced in the talk.