Image Generation using Pure Python
PyRT (pronounced pirate) is a raytracer/image generator for Python 3.5 and higher. This project is mainly done with the following in mind:
- ray tracing in the Jupyter notebook
- Teaching computer graphics and ray tracing
- Exploring ray tracing concepts for geo data using Python.
- Rendering geo data, including large point clouds.
- Implementing new algorithms for rendering large 3D city models.
- Creating 3D-Maps from OpenStreetMap data
- Server-side rendering / cloud based rendering
In this talk I will present the project and show some examples. I will show how useful it is to create quick 2D animations, such as visualization of different sorting algorithms and I how to create fractals and other graphics. A certain focus is also on geodata therefore I will show how to create a live EarthQuake map using pyRT. In the last part I will show to use pyRT to create 3D renderings.