This talk presents the different challenges Mozilla faces when deploying web services for millions of users, and how load testing is used to prevent the most common pitfalls, through the usage of Molotov.
Molotov (http://molotov.readthedocs.io/) is a custom load testing tool the Mozilla QA team created and uses to stress applications that get deployed for Firefox.
This talk will present the following:
- the different types of applications Mozilla deploys in the cloud
- the most common bottlenecks and how to detect and correct them
- the existing load testing tools
- Molotov features and examples
- Continuous Load Testing principles
By the end of the talk, attendees should have a good understanding of how an application should be stressed.