Thomas Waldmann (@ThomasJWaldmann)
Doing Python since 2001, Linux, FOSS.
Projects: MoinMoin Wiki, nsupdate.info, bepasty, BorgBackup
BorgBackup is a modern, deduplicating backup software written in Python 3.4+, Cython and C.
The talk will start with a quick presentation about the software and why you may want to use it for your backups.
Then, I will show how we run the software project: Tools, Services, Best Practices.
About the software:
- Feature set
- The Fork from attic-backup project (and what happened afterwards)
- Now and Future
- How you can help
About the project:
- Sphinx and ReadTheDocs
- Mailing list on python.org, IRC on freenode
- Testing: pytest, tox, travis-ci, vagrant, pyenv
- "binary" Releases with PyInstaller
- Automatic versioning: setuptools_scm
- Secure releasing with gpg signature
- Python / Cython / C - when to use what
Recorded at PyCon.DE 2017 Karlsruhe: https://de.pycon.org/
Video editing: Sebastian Neubauer & Andrei Dan
Tools: Blender, Avidemux & Sonic Pi