Devops gospel is widespread, but what happens to big legacy infrastructures? The switch to Continuous Delivery is hard:
- customers are reluctant to disruptive changes;
- old operation teams must adapt to new technologies.
We’ll show how a light Test Driven approach to system delivery allowed us to:
- reduce software updates time;
- eliminate maintenance issues;
- contribute to open source;
The operation team had no troubles thanks to the fast learning curve of python.
The library we contribute has been included in Red Hat 389 Directory Server.