Python-Dev is a world-wide distributed software development community. At the core are great language designers and programmers, but there’s plenty to do for anyone and everyone. It’s natural to be uneasy about offering your ideas and effort to a large community with a long history, so I’ll explain how the process works and how to fit in. Python-Dev is consciously evolving itself to produce better software and mentor new developers. Grow with us!
- A brief history of the Python language and development community
- The evolution of the development process
- Channels, PEPs, patches, review
- Developer development: Code of Conduct, core-mentorship, diversity and inclusion
- Opportunities for participation