You'll get a short overview of the Scientific Computing ecosystem in Python and what kind of problems it can be applied to.
In recent years, Python's scientific stack has emerged as a serious open source alternative to established proprietary systems like MATLAB or specialized solutions like R. However, the wide range of packages and options is often confusing for inexperienced users - this talk aims to provide a remedy.
In particular, you'll learn about:
- Why Scientific Computing with Python? (Motivation)
- What is it the scientific stack has to offer? (Interesting packages/libraries)
- Who is using it? (Companies/applications working with Python's scientific stack)
- How can I start? (Scientific Python distributions)
- Is it really that simple? (Yes! Showcases)