This talk will provide an in-depth overview of Sphinx and how it can be used to generate intelligent and readable documentation of your Python code.
Documenting code should be the easiest part, yet it is often cited as the hardest part of developing a data science product. In this talk we will introduce Sphinx, an open-source tool that allows you to template documentation for any project. We will give an overview of how Sphinx works, and walk through:
- Examples of documentation generated with Sphinx
- reStructuredText vs Markdown
- How does Docutils work at the individual file level
- How does Sphinx tie it all together
- Best practices for setting up your documentation
This talk is for anyone who has ever wondered how all the Read the Docs are generated!