This talk discusses deploying and running Django web applications in production using Twitter PEX.
This talk discusses deploying and running Django web applications in production using Twitter PEX. PEX can be used to package a Python application and it's dependencies into a single file that can be easily copied to and run on other machines. The PEX format has some limitations and this talk will explore one possible way to use it for distributing Django web applications.
- Introduction (2m)
- Overview of Twitter PEX (3m)
- Django Management Commands (5m)
- Gunicorn Web Server
- Celery Task Worker
- Entry Point Script (5m)
- Creating the Distribution (5m)
- Deploying the Distribution (5m)
- Running the Application (5m)